Friday, July 02, 2004

Seattle Times v. Gephardt

The Seattle Times editorial board today took the unusual step of specifically NOT endorsing a pick for VP. I fully agree with the editorial which labels Gephardt as a man who represents many of the bad things about the Democratic party such as rolling over for Bush on the war and being too protectionist on trade. I personally think that a pick of Gephardt is a pick for many of the failed policies that lost us the majorities in the first place. It is time for a new direction and I think that direction is Edwards.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim Says:

I agree with you; I'm four-square behind Edwards for Veep.... Buuuut, Edwards also cants towards protectionism... so the editorial, which couches its rationale in the rhetoric of free trade, also tends to undercut the selection of Edwards.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home