Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Well, now I feel safer

I understand the rationale that terrorist can exploit grey and black markets to finance their activities, much like any other criminal group. However, I'm ver suuspicious of the priority accorded to this particular deployment of the Department of Homeland Security. Forgive my cynicism, but my impression is that this is more about diverting dollars that could be spent to better secure our nation's well documented vulnerabilitys to protecting the profit margins of large corporations.

Again, I can see how this could be important on the periphery of the war against terror, but in view of current circumstances I have to conclude that this is a misappropriation of our country's security resources for the benefit of corporate special interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home