Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Draft Review

As most of you know I love the NFL Draft. I mark it on my calander each year and count down the days. Well on Saturday I had my 12 pack of Shiner ready and a plate full of chili dogs and just hoped beyond hope that my beloved JETS would not pull another Kyle Brady situation. However, the real fireworks happened before draft day even started. On Friday night the Texans chose Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. I am not a big fan of Bush and I think he is going to be a flop in the pros but it was still suprising. The Saints got a gift and they need it.

Now the JETS Draft. They started off by having to decide between the best Left Tackle to come out in awhile in "The Brick" and Matt, pussy boy, Leinart. Thankfully they picked The Brick and then later in the 1st round took the best Center in the draft. So in less than a few hours they totally rebuilt their O-Line. Then they took the 4th best QB in Kellen Clemens for Ore. Many "experts" beleive that if he had not broken his ankle during the season he would have been a top 15-20 pick. The jest then picked an Ohio State LB. The most interesting pick was their 4th round pick of Brad Smith from MO. Guy who can play QB, WR, and RB.

All and all it was a great draft for the Jets. With their new coach they took alot of guys who had character and leadership. Trying to build a franchise like the pats did. 5 of the pick were teams captians. I really like the new direction of the team. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

Tim... how about the Skins?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home