Monday, July 26, 2004

Road Rage - Republican Style

This is a true story! I was coming home from church on Sunday in my green jeep wrangler which has a Kerry/Edwards sticker on the back. My window was open and I was enjoying the respite from the summer heat. The thoughts of the homily about the Lord's Prayer still in my mind when a driver in a white Taurus pulled up along side me and started yelling at me. I at first thought this was a guy telling me I had a flat or something was wrong with my car. I could not have been more wrong. He yells "Hey, John Kerry is an asshole!" To which I replied in disbelief "WHAT?" He then repeats twice that John Kerry is an asshole. Being completely taken aback by this I replied "Yeah, well your a cocksucker!" I admit not the best come back but I was not expecting to get attacked by a repub while driving. The guy the swerves his car to try to hit mine and ask if I want to pull over and have a further political discourse with our fists. We then came to a light which was where I was turning so we did not get to continue our discussion.

Is this where we are headed? Will there be rioting no matter who wins in Nov.? Do I have to defend myself physically over who I support for President?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy!! I just put the stickers on my car. I better brush up on my Tae Bo so I can whip out some kick boxing moves!!

Steph :-)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Ryan V. said...

I'm glad to see you handled the situation maturely.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Colin, you whimp! You shoulda laid the hammer on him...

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home