Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Three Top DeLay Workers Indicted In Texas

Although I don't live in Houston anymore, I do have fond memories of it. I also bear lingering resentment towards Tom Delay for his efforts to thwart the evolution of the city into a dense, urban city; Delay did everything he could to ensure that Houstons sprawl became worse and worse. There are a variety of other complaints I have against the man on a national political level, but things are always more personal when someone is undermining the quality of life in the city where you live.

Thus, I experienced schadenfreude when I read that three DeLay workers had been indicted in Texas.

I, and every other Texas Democrat would like nothing better than to see Delay's PAC, Texans for a Republican Majority, dismantled.

Hats off to Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earl!

Update: Ari Berman provides more details about the house ethics complaint that was filed by Houston congressman Chris Bell in his blog for The Nation, The Daily Outrage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home