Sunday, October 10, 2004

What could be more cool?

The Illinois senate race (a favorite topic of this blog) has cooled down for the moment. However, the reporters covering still have to earn a living. So, the Trib has a story about the impact that Obama's campaign has had in Kenya, the land where his father grew up. In what has to be one of the best lead-ins I've ever read, apparently the way to order a local beer, named 'Senator,' is to ask for an Obama. I ask you: What could be more cool? I'm not sure if it's necessarily a good thing that Barack Obama has joined the ranks of the Tom Collins and Harvey Wallbangers of the world (at least in Kenya), but I do know that I chuckled when I read about it.

Unrelated sidenote: Dave Mathews is still in trouble for dumping 800 pounds of human waste onto a tour boat as his band's bus was crossing a bridge over the Chicago river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home