Sunday, March 13, 2005

The next great hope from Illinois?

Barack Obama? No. Dick Durbin? Nope. To find out more about an Illinois Democrat who can help rebuild the party, click here.

I think it's very ironic when the Republicons complain about the prospect of a Democrat playing the same games that they do.

Also, FWIW, I'm troubled by this quote in the article from Tim Johnson, my former neighbor (and a beneficiary of nascent Republican redistricting):
---------------------------------------------------------
"I consider myself a good friend of Congressman Emanuel," said U.S. Rep. Tim Johnson (R-Ill.), who recently started a Center Aisle Caucus dedicated to reducing excessive partisanship. "I clearly think there's a partisan side to him, but he cares about issues."
------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Tim Johnson is (or was) a successful plaintiffs' attorney who flip flopped on tort reform when the pressure came down. This is all part of a larger portrait of this man (and I still can't believe that this man is a member of the House of Representatives) and how he will slither and slide any way he needs to in order to advance his political ambitions. I have to say that I like his kids and his ex-wife, but at the same time, in all of my interactions with Tim Johnson, I have always come away feeling dirty for having been in the man's presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home