Sunday, October 16, 2005

Comment Spamming

In my rather less than infinite abilities as an administrator of this blog, I have instituted a word recognition requirement for comments. I apologize for the inconvenience but I am tired of clearing out the comments that are nothing more than advertising. It could go without saying, but I'll say it anyway, such advertisements/spamming are intrusive and in this context could be construed as illegal.

For the time being, anonymous comments will be permitted. However, I should point out that our own beloved gadfly, Yanni, has even gone so far as to register when he posts his comments. Therefore, we may, upon further consideration, limit comments to registered users. The intent would be to further limit obnoxious behaviors such as trolling and spamming.

"Once again, we're doing our best to help real people with real problems..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home