Friday, March 03, 2006

Off to the Orient!

All three of the regular readers of this blog may be distressed to learn that for the next three weeks, I will be posting even less regularly than usual.

During this time, I will be traveling to Tokyo, Kyoto, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon for you traditionalists), Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh. If possible, I will try to get a few blog posts and links to movies/pix that I will be taking (using the completely awesome Canon PowerShot S2 IS that I gave to my wife for her birthday).

While in Vietnam, I will be working with a Vietnamese manufacturer and marketer of motor oil that is trying to compete with the huge international companies. Throughout the trip I will be meeting peoples and experiencing cultures that are completely novel to me. I can't convey in writing how exciting this prospect is.

Special thanks go to my wife, Elizabeth, who used her frequent flier miles to purchase first class round trip tickets for my trip. The tickets are her first anniversary gift to me (paper, I told her that I'll be giving her a card....
) and I am exceedingly grateful, especially in light of the fact that I will be missing our anniversary while overseas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

The great part is that I gave Elizabeth the camera that she wanted for her birthday with the express purpose of using that camera on my upcoming trip to the Orient...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home