Wednesday, June 16, 2004

NBA Finals

I basically hate the NBA. I think it is the most boring major sport out there and they should wait to show a game on tv until the last 2 minutes because that is the only time that they actually play. Yet I somehow get sucked into the Finals every year and this year was no different. I fully anticipated that the Lakers would roll and win in 5. I, like just about everyone else, was totally wrong. Lakers looked old and like a bunch of stars and not a team. The Pistons were less talented but played great as a team. This was just one more example of a trend in professional sports that I glad to see. It is no longer the owner that can buy the best talent that is winning the championships. If you look back over the championships recently it is teams that put together a bunch of has beens or low draft picks but play hard and play together that are winning championships. You might say... Colin, the Yanks won 4 Championships and they are the ultimate buy a championship team... To which I would say... You, The Yanks were a team back when they were wining, had guy like Paul O'Neill who just played hard every day. The other teams I would point out as evidence of this trend are Diamondbacks, Marlins, Panthers, Patroits, and Tampa Bay Lighting. Good to see team coming back.

BTW The owner of the Pistons is also owner of the NHL Champs and the WNBA Champs. Good year for that guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

Hey, I'm like 45 minutes from Kobe! Beer fed cows man...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home