Monday, August 02, 2004

Movie review time

I am way behind on movie reviews. Here is a brief review of my latest viewings.

On The Waterfront: Marlon Brando was amazing in this. This is the "I could have been a contender" movie. The line has been shown so much that much of its power has been taken away. In the context of the movie it was perfect. Brando play an ex-boxer and current longshoremen who has been beaten down and is trying to fight back against the system. A must see.


The Bourne Supremacy: This is the second of the series and I think it was a good movie. I really have no clue though. I sat in the first row and it made me a little queasy at the car chase and was very confusing. If anyone else has seen this from further back I welcome your comments. Not going to give Tikis b/c it would get an incomplete.

Spiderman 2: Another sequel... How about some new ideas?? I digress. This was WAY better than the first one. One of the better comic book movies out there. Focuses mainly on Peter Parker's fight with not wanting to be Spiderman. In fact, Spiderman is more the villain of the movie than the "villain" Doc Ock.



The Village: M. Night Shyamalan's latest spooky movie with a twist. This one got back to a The Sixth Sense style of movie with a focus on characters instead of... well I don't want to give it away.



The Same Time Next Year: Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn are lovers who meet at the same hotel on the same weekend every year. They are both married but have an amazing relationship that spans 26 years. The films checks in on them every 5 years or so and you watch them and their relationship change. Both actors were able to play what were really 5 different roles effortlessly. This was a lovely film and had a great impact on me. I highly recommend this film.




1 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

Oh Alan Alda! Why don't you answer my drunken fan mail to your PBS email address! How long must I click Send/Recv!

P.S. Them's some good lookin tikis.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home