Monday, December 27, 2004

Mmmmm, chocolate....

I think that, no matter where you live, you have to complain about how terrible the local newspaper is. It's like complaining about the weather where you live. I think there is a trait in most people (for me, the trait is highly developed) to enjoy complaining about things over which you have little to no control and that the paper, crank letters to the editor aside, is perceived that way. Well, here in Houston, where it snowed on Christmas eve for the first time in recorded history, regardless of their worldview people consider the Chronicle to not be worth the paper it's printed on. I might agree with them except for the fact that I think their dining section is quite good. No, it's not the New York Times, but I enjoy articles like this one about chocolate. True, it could be researched more in depth in the style of Robb Walsh's history of Tex-Mex in the free weekly Houston Press, but I believe that the Chronicle is doing a good job of educating people about different foods and drinks and where they can be found in some of Houston's restaurants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home