Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Tempering the Illinois boosterism

First let me announce to all three of our readers that, in blatant disregard for my academic health, I have obtained luxury box tickets for the Illinois-Georgetown game. I can't wait to see how the Number One team in the nation fares on the road against Georgetown and its Princeton style game.

That having been said, I was dismayed while reading this not exactly earth shaking profile of Bob Novak to find out that Novak attended the U of I.

Viz.

"[Novak] got his start as a cub reporter at the Joliet Herald-News (where he grew up) and the Champaign-Urbana Courier (where he attended college)."

Ugh... not only did he go to Illinois, but he worked in the Courier. The Courier newspaper is defunct and the building now houses a popular restaurant named the Courier Cafe. It troubles me to think that I've eaten numerous times in the same room where Novak was learning to spew his bilous drivel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home