Sunday, March 27, 2005

Just in case noone noticed...

but Illinois is going to the final four. I will admit that when we were down fifteen with four minutes to go I had given up hope. My wife was worried that she would be a widow exactly one week after she had been married. Instead, well I wouldn't call it a miracle, but it was the most incredible atheltic feat I have ever seen. I don't have the words to describe how it felt to watch the game unfold. I do know I had to be very careful not to in any way indicate that it was a more emotional night than my wedding the week before.

Here's (approximately) how I sold it to Elizabeth:

"With us, that night, I knew we were going to get married and have a wonderful time. Tonight, after Illinois was down so low, I never had any idea that the team might come back to win. And, did I mention that you've never looked so beautiful as when you were walking down the aisle last Saturday?"

Speaking of my wedding... Where the hell was Colin the whole time? Dude misses the bachelor party and then he misses the afterparty where we had balcony overlooking Bourbon street on a Saturday night during spring break.... On the other hand, I have to give him credit for going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I was drinking Bombay Sapphires with a splash of tonic and without limes.

That's the mark of a true friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home