Monday, March 06, 2006

So, I was entering this Irish pub in Shinjuku, Tokyo...

What? You've never gotten drunk in an Irish pub in Tokyo?

Anyway, I was going to order a Corona because it was on special that night for only 500 Yen, which compared to everything else in Tokyo seemed like a bargain. Right before I ordered the Corona I saw a flier for Jameson's, that said a shot was also only 500 Yen...

So, in honor of Colin, I ordered the Corona and a shot of Jameson's... I'm pretty sure I had no other choice, right? Well, they bring out the shot and the server gives me a scratch and win card and insists that I scratch it right away... doing so reveales the letter A, upon seeing which the server let out a gasp of surprise... Subsequently, one of my friends who is fluent in Japanese translated the rest of the flier and, wouldn't you know it, I had won a Jameson's T-shirt...

Lesson of the story? I dunno... but I do have a cool Jameson's T-shirt that is about two sizes too small.

P.S., As I'm writing this, I'm drinking a half pint can of Asahi beer that I purchased from a vending machine next to the elevator on my floor.... I could get to like this town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home