Monday, August 02, 2004

GOP Slips on the Terror Alert Banana

Once again right after KE04 starts to get momentum the GOP has trotted out Tom Ridge to try to scare us into voting for Shrub. Once again Howard Dean hit is right on: "I am concerned that every time something happens that's not good for President Bush, he plays this trump card, which is terrorism,'' Dean told Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" yesterday. ''It's just impossible to know how much of this is real and how much of this is politics, and I suspect there's some of both in it.''

How can we trust this president when he uses the terror alert for political purposes? Raises the terror alert to divert attention from KE04 and then coming out with his intel director announcement the next day. Who doesn't think that this was entirely political?

Update: I had not read this quote from Tom Ridge when I wrote this post. I love it when they prove my point... "'We must understand that the kind of information available to us today is the result of the president's leadership in the war against terror,' Mr. Ridge said
Doesn't get much more political than that. It's time for a change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home