Friday, March 17, 2006

Au Revoir, Saigon

My apologies for the lack of posts/photos etc. These things will get sorted out some time within the next few years... possibly sooner.

My stay in Ho Chi Minh City is almost over. While here, I have met some of the most generous and engaging people. The vitality of the city and the entrepreneurial drive of the people are sui generis. Perhaps the most intriguing aspect of the city is the extent to which it has changed in the past decade and the prospect of how much it will change in the years to come.

I have had the opportunity to crawl through the (admittedly tourist version) tunnels of Cu Chi; I have eaten the brain of a roast baby pig (it was pretty tasty); I have found out that you can't access the Internet Movie DataBase website...

My apologies that this hasn't been much of a travelogue. My excuse is that I have simply been too busy doing things to have been able to sit quietly and write.

Tomorrow, some fellow b-schoolers and I will travel to Siem Reap. From there, we travel to Angkor Wat. While I have no doubt that the experience will be wonderful, and while I certainly enjoyed my time in Tokyo and Kyoto, I must say that it has been my good fortune to have dived deep into the city and to have befriended some of its best people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home