Thursday, September 14, 2006

Moment of Silence

One of my heroes has passed away. Ann Richards died yesterday of cancer at 73. Ann was one of the reasons I got involved in politics and I have always found her to be an inspiration. She went to Baylor and was the driving force behind getting Baylor into the Big 12. The year I graduated from Baylor she was there to receive an honorary degree for her work for Baylor, and as I walked across the stage I stepped out of line to shake her hand and tell her what a huge fan of hers I was. I thought I was going to get jumped by Texas State police but she was very gracious and I got away without a fist fight. She broke down walls all over polictics and was truely a remarkable person. She will be greatly missed and I will always be "Another Man for Ann"!

3 Comments:

Blogger dcyanni said...

Colin -

I'm so glad to hear that you broke your long silence on this blog, with a moment of silence. How fitting.

I think we all - regardless of political affiliation - send our sympathies to the Richardson family and friends.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

I like that Yani is offering condolences to the Richardson family. Too bad her name was Ann Richards. Oh well.

12:30 PM  
Blogger dcyanni said...

Colin -

HAHA. My bad. I obviously need to proofread my posts first. Ann Richardson was a great woman, but Ann Richards is one we will always remember.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home