Friday, June 18, 2004

Etiquette

For years I have had an on going debate re: etiquette and revolving doors. Do I as a guys 1) let the woman go first and push the door quickly from behind or 2) Go first and push hard so that the woman only has to walk. I know that this may seem to be a silly question but it is one that is driving me nuts. So I did an internet search. I came up with a site call haypenny.com. A writer asked my very question but they dodged it. AAARRRGGHHH!!! So then I went on Etiquettegirls.com and they say guy goes first in order to do the work of turning the door. So armed with one answer I wanted a second opinion and found Boston.com, the home page of the Boston Globe, and my answer has been backed up! So there you have it!! After years on internal debate the answer is that I go first.... Now what am I going to do with my time? :-( Do we really ever want the answers to our own personal great questions?

3 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

I disagree Col. You know I don't exactly stand on ceremony--I can open my own door but I'm not going to make a big deal of it if some guy rushes over to do it. Whatever. But if I had to say re. the revolving door, I'd say ladies first.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim says: Door etiquette is a tricky question... However, I always have E go first and push the door for her...

8:29 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

I have had this debate for a long time as I said. I have gotten conflicting advice from people of both sexes, but it appears that the experts agree that the guy should go first and push the door for the lady. Tough call all around.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home