Monday, June 21, 2004

Reunion

As I reported on Friday I went to my 10 year High School reunion this past weekend. I went to Bishop Kelley High School in Tulsa, OK. I have a great affection for my high school and its mission. Therefore, it was wonderful to reconnect with that community.

On Friday we had a cocktail party at the school and had a tour. I must admit that initially it was very strange to be back at school with the people I had not seen in the last 10yrs. However after an hour and a few drinks I relaxed and had a great time. I met up with some great old friends and really reconnected. We took a tour of the campus and it is amazing how the school has changed for the better. A brand new science and theater building. New AP classes and programs. A total upgrade in both the educational and sports facilities and programs.

After the official cocktail party we went to a bar in Tulsa and had a more informal reunion. Sadly I had to go home and let out the dog and missed the post post party where apparently some who must not be named ended up "hanging out" all night. You know who you are!!

Saturday we had a Mass at 4:30 at the chapel on campus. Father Dan was the officant and gave an amazing homily. After communion there was a memorial to the two classmates that have died since graduation. Rusty Keithline died in a tornado and Karla Smith took her own life after a prolonged battle with bi-polar disorder. Rusty's dad gave a very moving speech about being a father and remembrances of Rusty's life. Karla's twin brother Kevin gave an amazing speech honoring Karla's life and battle with bi-polar disorder. The audience was moved to tears many times during both speeches and were pleased to get a chance to honor these two wonderful people who were taken from this world far too soon. Please click on Karla's name above to learn more about Karla and bi-polar disorder.

Saturday night there was a dinner at the OK aquarium. The food really sucked and there needed to be a dj or something. Other than that it was fun. Basically another cocktail party but there was more people there. Overall I had a great weekend. Caught up with people I had lost contact with and made some new contacts in Tulsa. I would go into more detail re: who was who etc but lets be honest you guys don't really care. If you want to know just e-mail me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home